Explore your new Arena
Stand Up Paddling
Stand up paddling remains one of the fastest growing and more accessible watersports today, with real diversity and inclusiveness as its core. Whatever your age, weight or watersports experience, we have a board and paddle that’s right for you.
Stand Up Paddling: Tuition & Hire
Our instructors are ASI (Academy of Surfing Instructors) or BSUPA (British SUP Association) qualified and can tailor a session to meet the needs of clients. We have a large fleet of inflatable SUPs (iSUPs) to hire, enabling you to get on the water and experience the sport for yourself. Come along and join the masses!
You can fill in our Risk Statement before you arrive on-site to speed up the process. Use the QR code below or click on this link.
One hour of tuition, including kit hire (board, paddle, leash and wetsuit).
Two hours of tuition, including kit hire (board, paddle, leash and wetsuit).
Cost: £15.00 per hour.
Rent a board, paddle, leash and wetsuit from our fleet. We also have sit-on-top kayaks for rent for the same price.
We have plenty of boards available, but for big groups call the centre to reserve prior to arrival.
Cost: £69.00 per hour.
Rent a SUP XL inflatable board, paddles, buoyancy aids and wetsuits.
We have at least three available, but please call the centre to reserve, prior to arrival.
We have plenty of new and ex-demo boards and paddles for sale. Have a look at the deals we have on our online shop Surf Doctor, or come and see us in the centre to talk through your options. We have plenty deals on trustworthy brands, to get you on the water safely.
Terms & Conditions
- Centre opening times are from 10.00am until late, at the OTC staff’s discretion.
- If booking online, please allow at least 72 hours in advance to be assured your desired date and time. If you book a session sooner, we may need to reschedule around existing bookings. A member of staff will be in touch if this is necessary.
- If you have pre-paid and booked a session that needs to be rearranged (due to adverse conditions, for example), we will aim to rearrange the session on a date convenient for you.
- If a gift voucher has been bought, the voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. A gift voucher can not be refunded for its monetary value, and is only available for use within the OTC centre.
- No insurance is provided by The Official Test Centre, to cover the equipment whilst it is hired. We ask clients to treat the equipment with respect and adhere to the guidance of OTC staff. If a small amount of damage occurs whilst in use on the water, there will be no charge, but if an item of kit needs to be repaired as a result of damage that occurs whilst it is the responsibility of the client, the cost of the repair needs to be covered by the client. By renting equipment from the centre, and signing our Risk Statement, the client agrees to these terms.
- For intermediates and above, it is recommended that you bring your own wetsuit and harness.
- Before using The OTC’s equipment and services, we will clearly describe the safe sailing area, after which we waive responsibility for your actions. Rescue cover is provided and the sailing areas will be continually observed when clientele are on the water.
- We reserve the right to assess the sailing ability of each client before allowing them to use our equipment. If we deem their sailing is sub-standard, we are entitled to deny them use of our kit.
Other than booking online through this site, you can secure your place on a course at The OTC by pre-paying, using one of the following methods:
- Cheque drawn on a UK bank account in GBP (make cheques out to The Official Test Centre Ltd).
- Bank transfer to The Official Test Centre Ltd in GBP (Sort Code: 09-06-66 / Account No: 42362152).
- Credit Card payment in GBP.
- Debit Card payment in GBP (only valid for UK issued debit cards).
To find out more about any of these options, please get in contact with us.
- This website is owned and operated by The Official Test Centre Ltd a company registered in England & Wales with the company registration number 5820506 whose registered address is Serendipity, Lodge Hill Road, Farnham, Surrey, GU10 3RD, UK.
- All services will be delivered by The Official Test Centre Ltd.
- All prices include VAT of 20.0%.
- Cover for damage to our equipment is not included in the advertised prices.
- If you are paying by credit card and your card is not a sterling card, your bank will convert the transaction to your currency – you may not receive the same exchange rate used by the OTC to convert the advertised GBP prices to EUR.
- If you choose to pay with a credit card your booking may be subject to 2% surcharge. We accept Visa, Mastercard and JCB. We regret that we are currently unable to accept American Express or Diners Club cards.
- If you pay with a UK debit card (Electron, Solo or Maestro) you will not be subject to a surcharge.
- If you choose to pay by a cheque in GBP drawn on a UK bank account or you transfer GBP to The Official Test Centre Ltd UK bank account you will not be subject to a surcharge.